TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Idle Words (a song as yet incomplete)

These idle words, Oh Lord
Remove them far from me.
They bring pain unto my neighbors
They sin against Thee.

My wicked hearts gets free reign
When I set no guard over my mouth
Then Thine enemies are given reason for blasphemy
By my deeds done in Thy house.

And my friends, Oh Lord,
The pain I cause them by careless speech
A gossip here, an insult there
Now they flee from my reach

I need not study idle words, My God
They come readily to me
From this evil heart they flow out
As rivers to the sea.

"With our mouths we bless God,
"And with the same tongue we curse our brother
"My friends, these things ought not to be so
So said Your servant to others

But he said them unto us, too,
That we should study to make
Our words pleasing to You and helpful to our neighbors
Day by day.

So help me, oh God, to cease from this sin
To stop pouring from my own mouth the evil that lies within.

Remove these vile words from me, Oh God of Heaven.







"I tell you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they will give account thereof on the Day of Judgment"--Jesus of Nazareth

No comments: